Friday 9 January 2015

Hi to the 9th day of 2015

So I'm a little late into the new year but happy new year one and all! Its 2015! Honestly I couldn't even tell you where 2014 was rushing to, the little so and so! 

A lot, well what seems like a lot to me has taken place in just 9 short days. I spent the first 4 days sleeping and recovering. How did you spend yours? Either way I hope you entered the year in style and feeling blessed.

What I have in mind for the year 2015 is just one simple thing: Happiness. I won't call it a resolution but more a solution to life. I have decided that this year is the year I live truly in happiness. 

That means:
-doing things that make me happy
-doing things that reduce the stresses of life
-not living life everyday for the sake of living life, I want to and have to experience life
-I want to feel alive, not just be alive but live
-not living life for other people etc etc etc.

I was going through a lot of stresses at the end of last year. It all started off so well. I finished university, I got a job I enjoyed (the pay check wasn't so bad either), I graduated and was living with my 2 friends who I had so much fun with. And then slowly but surely 2014 started to piss me off. My job was a 45 minute drive away so at this point getting to work was a high priority as you'd expect. However in a space of a month into my job my car decided to completely break down. With no savings, I was lucky enough to have a friend live by me who drove me to and from work for a good month. So when the next pay check came I decided to get what seemed like a nice, cheap, decent car. I was up and running again. However I wasn't running for very long. Less than 3 months later this car also decided to die. At this point I'd had enough, I'd spent way too much money getting cars fixed that really were not helping me. Thinking about it is very frustrating (but it's 2015, I'm not looking to the past, doesn't help anyone, as the saying goes; don't cry over spilt milk). So I decided well I need to get to work somehow so I'm gonna have to get the train. And so it's been up until now.

The early dark wet winter mornings, the icy pavements of the winter nights leftovers and the endless expenditures at some point get too much when you have plans; plans to travel and actually enjoy yourself with your wages. 

And so 2015 came. I wasn't feeling happy and I had to start feeling happy. To me the only way I could do this was if I made a big decision to move back home, leave my well paying job to start again. My main goal was to save. Although I had a well paying job, I wasn't saving, I couldn't save. And to be honest I just wasn't happy with that.
Money can't buy happiness as it goes. So I made the big decision to leave my current job. A hard decision but my gut instinct felt it was right. As soon as I handed in my notice I felt slightly liberated. 
Between making this decision, I had no other jobs lined, I just knew I wanted to move home, something will come up , it has to. For me this was a big step towards feeling happier. That set the tone for my year, do what makes you happy. If you're not happy with something try and fix it and so I actively had to fix my problem.

It is now the 4th of February 2015 and this is now when I'm posting this. Lazy anyone?

Update: I was offered a job in the hospital 10minutes walking distance from my house in Bristol and I couldn't be happier just to have a job to go back to. So as I post this I have one and a half days left in my current job before I'm off for a month and due to start my new job in early March. Wish me luck. Go after yours.

I'll keep you posted. 

Kosapo y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment